3 days in Devon

Yesterday I travelled to Devon. My car was packed full with the rest of dads things, my things and the cat. Now I love my cat, but just before the A1 services (luckily, as it happens) the cat almost got us killed. I have no idea how, but he managed to escape from his cat box. I have had a cat do this before, but Chuck is a very different cat. He got onto the dashboard, he was very stressed and was hissing and spitting at all the passing traffic. I tried to get him off but found myself wandering across the lanes. I quickly made the decision to pull into the services, hoping I wouldn’t encounter a police car before I got there. Once I was safely in the car park I then had the problem of getting a very stressed, angry and snarling cat back into his carrier. I just took the bull by the horns, or in this case, the cat by the scruff of his neck, and somehow managed to get him back in and secure the carrier once more. I then dumped a blanket over the box so he couldn’t see what was going on around him and, thankfully he settled, with the occasional miaow. I love my cat, but I wasn’t prepared to die for him. As you can see he is an excellent mouser (not). He is now settling, slowly into life at my sisters, with 2 Maine coons.

Today, I am being taken to see the care home my sister has decided on in Devon for my dad, then this afternoon I am going to see my dad. I am sure it’s going to be emotional, the last time I saw him I thought it would be the last time ever. He was very very ill and I was honestly waiting for a phone call. What actually happened is that he got to Devon, and he was immediately whisked into hospital, where he has much improved. I am here till Wednesday, I feel quite relaxed and happy to be here. That’s probably because I don’t have to look at the clutter. 5 days and counting. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

Customer service and other stuff

making a house a home