Customer service and other stuff

The one thing you cannot complain about here in Turkey, is customer service. When I first purchased the apartment, I needed Wi-fi access, because at that time I did not (and still don’t) have a residents permit MHTTB had to have it put in his name. We went to turk telecom at 5pm on a Tuesday evening, ordered it and at 10am the following morning we received a call from the telephone engineer saying he was outside and could he come in to install it! He came, with the modem, fiddled about a bit,plugged the modem in and voila! We had Wi-fi. None of this farting about that BT provide. Send a  modem in the post and then they tell you to wait up to 5 working days to connect it at the exchange. The same with the curtains I ordered. I went in gave them the measurements, chose the material and by 4pm the next day they were made, complete with the clips sewn in and ready to hang. Everything electrical that I purchase comes with an automatic 2 year guarantee. Go to the bank and say see this bill can I set up a direct debit (including the one in MHTTB’s name) yes of course soren yok! No problem.

Today I went and purchased a wood burner. Ordinarily, Turkish people have sobas. They take them out in the summer,  store them somewhere, then in the winter they reconnect them to the chimney pipes. I didn’t want a soba. 1. In the summer we would have nowhere to keep it. They are cast iron and weigh a lot so we couldn’t lug it up and down stairs! 2. They are a horrible brown colour and quite old fashioned looking. 3. I really really really do not like the safety aspect of just jamming a chimney pipe into the wall and hoping I don’t die from carbon monoxide poisoning (although I have brought a detector from the u.k). The shop were brilliant, they talked me through everything I needed. Told me a ton of wood would see me through the winter, sold it to me and then offered to keep it there at the shop and just bring as many bags as I needed each week. A ton of oak 650tl (about £130). I have never had to light fires, so once it’s installed it should be interesting! Oh and they are delivering it all tomorrow.



I have had my first foray to the local beach, the tourists are gone but the place is still open, which is why I brought in Çalış. The weather is still beautiful and I can still wear blouses and birkenstocks. I am in holiday mode, but that will change. I’m quite looking forward to ‘winter’

Comments

  1. All sounds good Carol. Small steps that are making you feel more at home. Maybe you will stay in holiday mode. What a wonderful thought. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just seeing if I’ve cracked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’ve cracked it. Yay. Would be nice Judy but reality will bite. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

making a house a home