Back in London

Yesterday, my dad moved into his care home. It’s a lovely care home, come out and turn right and it overlooks Goodrington beach, come out and turn left and it over looks Paignton beach.

He was a little confused when he got there, he has been moved around a lot lately, but he was sitting happily with the other residents, playing chair bowls. When he finished I sat beside him and asked if he was o.k. He asked how long he would be staying there. That was it, I tried very bravely to stop the tears falling. I didn’t want him to see me crying, but in the end I had to walk out. Mark, the owner took pity on me and got me a cup of tea while I calmed myself down and went back in again. He looks so much better, he has colour in his face and his delirium seems to have gone. I still feel sad about leaving him there. Just before I left I gave him a great big hug and then he looked at me and he looked so sad as he said to me: I’m losing you aren’t I? That was it! I left him with my sister and went outside so I could have a good cry. I have been living with my dad for 9 years and it is like my security blanket has been taken away. I’m sure he will settle and then start to enjoy the last years of his life. He needs people his own age to interact with, he has been very isolated since my mum died.

So today I left Paignton, saying farewell to my sister and her family and my lovely Chuck. I have 2 full days left in London, busy days. I need to finish my packing and then blitz the house. Plus I need to see the doctor.
Here are Chucks new playmates



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

making a house a home

Customer service and other stuff