catching up

Well it's been a while since my last blog, just after the last one, I celebrated a birthday. It was a lovely day, MHTTB and I went and chilled in a bar in Fethiye and was joined later by his sister and niece, who presented me with a beautiful small but perfectly formed cake.
It was delicious and because it was just the right size, 4 of us tucked into it without it being too sickly. Later we went for dinner at a restaurant near to us in Calis, I always refer to it as the Turkish tent, because it is a tent, a very very very big tent. The food is always spot on, I love their Garlic chicken, as the evening wears on they usually have musicians there playing traditional Turkish music. Friday nights are usually rocking and we have had many a good night there, especially when MHTTB has consumed more raki than is good for you, and starts dancing his version of traditional Turkish dancing.

This weekend, we went away to Antalya to stay in a hotel with friends who were over from the U.K. We stayed in the Limak Lara deluxe hotel and it really was deluxe. We got given a really super room that was split over 2 levels. It had 2 double beds, one a sofa bed, and one in a room of it's own along with 2 bathrooms. The shower was one of those 'whole body' showers with 4 heads coming down the wall, and one overhead with a little hand held one hooked onto the side. Not once did we have to suffer cold water and the jets of water were really powerful. Truely it is the best hotel I have ever stayed in and as an added bonus it was all inclusive too. The food and choice of food was out of this world and catching up with Tina, Dave and 2 of her sons made for a relaxing 2 days. We travelled to Antalya over the mountains going, then took the leisurely coastal route coming home. Spending time with Tina, Dave and sons was so nice for me. I met Tine here, in Turkey, many years ago and we stayed in touch once we got back home. The last time I saw her, just before I moved over, we met for lunch in Bluewater and then parted company in Marks and Spencer, as I walked away this tiny little voice piped up: Don't forget me will you?  That cracked me up and now it seems to be our farewell parting words. She is a true friend and it's always hard saying goodbye to her, especially as she is so emotional. When you cry, Tina cry's I love her to bits and can't wait to catch up again soon.
anyone wanting a great place to stay in Antalya wouldn't go wrong staying there. The facilities, staff and amount of activities and swimming pools are fantastic, and it's right on the beach too.

Last week I got the apartment painted. It was in dire need and it took 2 men over 2 days to complete it. It is now looking so much cleaner and now we have put all the furniture back it is much better. My daughter is coming over in just over a weeks time and I needed it done by then. We used the man who works on our complex. He's done a really nice job and for the equivalent of about £150 I am not complaining. 

Remember a while ago, in one of my blogs I mentioned going to a paint shop where the lady behind the counter told MHTTB that I couldn't paint laminate, well look at the before and after. I've also painted the headboards too to match
I'm happy with how they have turned out and it has made the room look more homely. The photo doesn't really do it justice, but it is a lovely blue colour to go with the seaside themed room. 

I tried my hand at the candied Aubergines, we ordered 3 kilos from a lady in the market, and she ended up selling me 5 kilos. I  sent some to Ozlem and candied about 2 kilos but sadly the rest just didn't last very long. Anyway, the results weren't bad, but not as good as Aunties. I have some in the fridge that I am going to try out on Christine. They taste good but I didn't get the syrup thick enough. Still, I'll know for next time. 

I'm please to report that Mack the street cat has made a full recovery. I was so please when  the vet let us bring him back as I really thought he would die. I fed him on soft food for a few days and bless his brothers, they seemed to know he had been poorly and left him to eat it while they tucked into the dried food. I have no idea if he picked up something sharp in his mouth but he's a bit skittish with me now and it takes a lot of coaxing for him to accept a cuddle from me, if at all. He's braver when his brothers come for cuddles. We have also been getting another cat visit, she'd a white cat and her poor ears are red raw but sadly I can't catch her to get a better look. I know white cats are prone to skin cancer. If she'd let me nearer I would put cream on them. She has a very sad face, I call her Misery, but she comes for a bit of food then disappears again.

My daughter is coming in just over a weeks time. I am getting so excited. She is coming with 2 friends, god knows how MHTTB is going to cope as they are all nutters. I'll let you know next time. 

Comments

  1. Hello Lovely! What a fine break from Britain, your blog has been. It seems as though you are settling down into your new life with zest. Good on you. I jave a fabulous recipe for Baklava. Shall I email it to you? My Turkish DOL Ozlem swears it is the best she has ever had.

    Love and Biggs big hugs,

    Jaq xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

Customer service and other stuff

making a house a home