Day 1

So I woke to glorious sunshine............actually I didn’t, but I did see the sun rise up over the mountain, which then turned into glorious sunshine.

We took a little trip to the Sunday market today in Çalış. I love the markets, all fresh produce, I bought 3 huge bunches of herbs, a kilo of potatoes, a kilo of tomatoes, a kilo,of onions, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower and a massive cabbage, along with garlic and chilli’s, plus grapes and that lot cost me the equivalent of about 5 quid! Beats Morrisons, that’s for sure. I have also got a bread pudding on the go. The bread here is gorgeous, but it is meant to last a day, as most Turks eat bread with everything, here is doesn’t get used and when I looked in the bread bin, there were 2 full loaves going  either to the local dog population, or the nearest communal bin, so while I was at the market, I bought sultanas, raisins and currents and got him to mix me some spices, the smell currently wafting from the oven is mouth watering. MHTTB doesn’t really have much of a sweet tooth, so more for me then yeah?

Yesterday evening we popped into the local Migros supermarket, I was thrilled to bits when I spotted Lurpak with added salt! Turkish butter isn’t salted, but as I rarely eat butter since I have been following slimming world, it wasn’t too tough for me. But I just had to buy some. It worked out to about 4 quid, but hey, I won’t be buying more as I am back on the SW plan from tomorrow.

Day one has been lovely. The sun helps. I’ve touched base with the family and now I’m going to sit and read my book for while. I am relaxed, I am not so sad and today life is great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

Customer service and other stuff

making a house a home