I’ve arrived

I’ve arrived! The flight was great, I had all 3 seats to myself, which was probably just as well. As we took off, I welled up and big fat tears slid down my cheeks. For the weeks leading up to this moment, I have been convinced something would stop me from going. I convinced myself, I’d have an accident or get ill. Anyway, none of that happened. The drive to the airport was uneventful, although my friend Paul brought me, and he is anything but uneventful. My 52 kilos of luggage didn’t fall on me and break my neck, the plane stayed in the air, the drive from the airport was safe and got me to the apartment in one piece. MHTTB was very understanding, he didn’t press me to talk on the journey to the apartment, he could see I was sad. It all still seems a bit surreal at the moment, but I have had some very encouraging and positive messages from friends and family and even strangers. So, I am no longer almost expat, I am officially expat. At the moment.

So what are my plans? I will take each day as it comes, but tomorrow a must do, is to go to the Sunday market along the road. Who can resist freshly grown herbs and salads for the equivalent of 25p for a massive bunch? I also need some blankets as the nights are chilly now. 

On a positive note, my things are arriving next weekend from London. I will be able to store those 52kgs of clothes somewhere. I think realistically, a local charity is going to do well out of me over the coming weeks because I have brought the whole world and his wife, along with an egg timer and a fantastic little knife sharpener I bought years ago. Hmmmm. I’m sure I packed my electric toothbrush didn’t I? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

Customer service and other stuff

making a house a home