A delay

So as you have probably guessed, my stab at expatriate life has been temporarily put on hold. I am flying back to the UK on Wednesday so that I can be there for my fathers funeral. I am so glad I had not applied for my residency, had I have done, I would not be able to leave the country until I had had my interview. I’m flying back on the 20th as I want to spend Christmas here in Turkey.

My dad has been quite ill this year, so his death hasn’t come as a massive surprise, but the speed has. He moved to Devon and seemed to perk up, his health was improving, a scan 2 weeks ago revealed nothing untoward. He had just had enough of life and quietly and peacefully slipped away. He never liked Christmas much, he was a bit of a bah humbug, now he doesn’t have to face it. I will miss him greatly, I looked after him for 9 years, but he looked after me too.

MHTTB has been fantastic, he has kept me busy until my departure back to Blighty, taking me out and just letting me be quiet, miserable and at times, downright snappy. Although he hasn’t met my father, they spoke a lot via video calls, so he has been upset too. His family have also been very kind, and it was one of the reasons I decided to book a flight back before Christmas.

Add caption




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

Customer service and other stuff

making a house a home