Times they are a changing

It has been a crazy few weeks. My dad was taken ill in July and the decision was made for him to go to Devon once he recovered. He went by private ambulance last week and I have been spending the time since he left, clearing the house. It has been soul destroying. 60 years of my parents life, tucked into cupboards and drawers. I am beginning to see the end. A lot has gone to charity and another lot is waiting to be collected. My furniture started their journey to Turkey last weekend. There isn’t one room in the house that isn’t in chaos. I now have 2 arm chairs to sit in and a rise and recliner chair. Piles of bags sit in the corner waiting their rendevous with the local tip. I have already been to the tip once this week, and after throwing all the old radios, portable CD players and tape decks into the electrical skip, what I am about to do hit home hard and I sat in the car and cried. I don’t ever want to see another ornament, packet of photos or photographic slides ever again!

I fly out to turkey in 2 weeks. I still have lots to do and before I depart I am slipping a few days visit to Devon in so I can take my car to be looked after by my sister and see my dad, who is now in respite. There is a whole mixture of emotions running through my head. Excitement, fear, great sadness. It is going to be especially hard saying a farewell to my daughter, her husband and 2 grandchildren. I know I am going to feel it now I haven’t got so much decluttering to do. Also the process of saying Bon voyage to friends has started. I’m having a little get together next Friday to meet up with friends and I am out for Sunday lunch with another friend this weekend. I’m meeting more friends for breakfast tomorrow and also squeezing in a haircut. 

On a brighter note, I have started adding dates for Christmas fairs to go to once I get settled. I am also planning a 3 days trip to Cappadocia in early December, it’s a place I have never visited, and I really want to go. Me and MHTTB will be one of two apartments occupied on our complex of 12. It’s going to be challenging, but I never was one to back down from a challenge. If I don’t know how, then I will find a way!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

Customer service and other stuff

making a house a home