1 week and counting

Yesterday was very emotional for me. I went to see one of my oldest friends. To be honest, I have been so busy cancelling things, clearing out the house and looking after my father until a few weeks ago, I have not really had time to think about the saying goodbye bits. When I left her house last night, we were both crying. Yes she can pick up the phone, yes she can come and visit or I can come back, but it’s just not the same as being able to randomly jump in the car and pay her a visit. Don’t even get me started on my family. My grandson is in a residential school, I am not going to be able to go and see him before I go. I telephoned him, and in typical teenage fashion, I got one word replies. He can get quite stressed, so as I felt myself filling up, I bade him a fond farewell.
I am meeting a big group of friends this evening, I know I am going to cry. I hate crying in public, but I know it’s going to happen.
On Sunday, I am going to drive to Devon, where I will be saying goodbye to my sister and nephew and and his family, and worse, my dad. Keeping busy isn’t helping, so at odd times, you will find me with tears streaming down my face whilst doing the cleaning. I feel more sad now the time is approaching, but I am human right? So the only thing I can do, is give into it and if I look a tit crying on the train coming back from Devon then I am just going to have to look a tit! So to any random people that may be on the 11.32 from Paignton, just hand me a tissue please. I’ll be alright.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

Customer service and other stuff

making a house a home