Storms and power cuts

Yesterday was quite busy. I spent the afternoon re-acquainting myself with the Turkish family and buying carpets. As winter is coming in, the tiled floor can be quite chilly on the feet. Despite it being 24 degrees yesterday, inside was quite cool. Outside was warm and muggy. MHTTB looked at the sky in the early evening and predicted rain.

At about 8pm I was sitting on the balcony as the wind picked up. In the distance, towards the sea, I could see lightening. I do love thunderstorms. I find there is something that makes me feel quite cosy. But obviously, only if I am inside. Fairly soon the wind started whipping in, the pool was making waves, and slowly slowly the rain started. The lightening was magnificent, lighting up the backdrop mountains. There are numerous street cats that get fed by MHTTB, and one, who he has named Papilon, was mewing at the door, so he went downstairs to allow him in. 

Earlier in the day, I had been shopping looking for electric ceramic hobs, and MHTTB warned me that there are often power cuts. Sorry, I said, given the choice, an electric ceramic hob wins hands down every time for cleaning, if the electric goes off, then we will have to go out to eat! During the storm, just to prove a point, the electricity went off. 

After rushing around gathering candles, we waited for the electrics return. Power cuts are a rare thing in the U.K. We take a lot for granted, but I like sitting in candle light. The lightening kept lighting up the room, the thunder boomed overhead, and I felt very warm and secure, knowing I was tucked up inside. This is now how my life is going to be. Finally it is sinking in and I know power cuts are going to add to the allure. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

Customer service and other stuff

making a house a home