resuming normal service

It's been a very emotional few weeks. We all took the train to Devon to attend my dad's funeral, I can't describe how I felt when I walked into the chapel, numb, disbelieving that he was laying there in the coffin. It was a very nice but sad service, my dad wasn't a religious man but a reverend attended him with a humanist sermon. Afterwards, we went back to my sisters house where she had enough food to feed an army. Still better safe than sorry. I returned to London and stayed in the house I used to share with my dad, it really didn't feel like home anymore, and I settled into a routine of lethargy for the remaining week that I was there. I did nothing, I ate crap, I had not, until Thursday eaten a vegetable for 2 weeks and I was feeling it.

My flight home was crowded, there were a family of Asians sitting around the aircraft, 35 of them, so at various points of the flight, they played musical chairs so I think I chatted to most of the family. They were all very nice, but relax I could not. The pork smugglers on that flight had a field day. We were the only flight arriving at Dalaman at 2am and the customs officers decided they would rather spend it in bed. I wish now I had smuggled some M and S sausage meat stuffing!!!

So I am home, the first thing I did was go and purchase a Christmas tree and took it home to decorate, it's small but perfectly formed, sadly I am rather lacking when it comes to anything arty, so it has a kind of thrown up look. It looks great with the big lights off so there.

I went to the veg market yesterday and stocked up on all the things I have not been eating, I love it there and this time I took photos,
I think I spent the equivalent of £10 and came back with bags full of fruit, veg and salad, then it was off to the butcher to get my meat for Christmas dinner. A lump of beef, a leg of lamb and a tray of meatballs all for the princely sum of £35. Managed to find some lovely cheese too. It tastes like blue cheese but no blue in it. Oh and I almost forgot. The big Kipa in Fethiye had Mascapone and Parmesan this week, so I got 2 and put them in the freezer. Such simple things to make me smile. 

Did I mention I bought raw milk the other week? MHTTB showed me how to pasturise it, and with the rest make yoghurt. The yoghurt in particular was very nice. Very rich and creamy. I feel I am becoming a domestic goddess at last and actually, I quite like it!!

Anyway, that's me done for now. I would like to wish my reader/s a very happy Christmas and New year, don't do anything that I wouldn't do, stay safe and have fun.

Comments

  1. Oh Carol, my heart goes out to you with the loss of your dad. I am so proud of you for embracing a new life in a new culture. Sending loads of love and hugs your way,

    Jaq xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaq. I take my hat off to you too because your situation, although different, is the same. You too are a strong woman and you are doing amazingly well yourself. XXX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

Customer service and other stuff

making a house a home