Time flies

I really don't know where the time is going, it is already the 11th of January and another week has just flown by.

On Monday, I went to see an agency about getting my residents permit, I was warned to give it plenty of time, because the last thing I wanted to do was overstay my tourist visa and possibly get fined or deported. I am allowed to stay for 90 days in a retrospective 180 day period. I worked out that my 90 days would be up on the 18th of January, but because I had to return to the U.K for 2 weeks this put it back to the 4th of February. So I went thinking it would take ages. I filled in the application and then got the appointment with the GOC officer for Wednesday, yesterday!! I am so glad I applied early, because the officer had access to all my entry and exit entry stamps, and believe me, he counted all the days I had been in Turkey for the last 180 days, once he had counted them up, I could see all the wind deflate from his sails, I really think he thought he was onto a fine or deportation. I then had my finger prints taken and my photograph done and then he handed me a temporary permit until my proper one comes. I was so relieved, because a couple in front of me were on their last day and their GOC officer demanded to see everything, finances, receipts the lot. So now I have to wait for the postman to come and deliver my residents permit, which is going to be interesting, because I have never see a postman in the area at all!!

Yesterday, a dog followed me into the complex. She was in a pitiful state, but had such a lovely nature I couldn't resist feeding her. Her coat was matted, she was riddled with fleas and I did consider giving her a bath but I know it wouldn't have made the slightest difference. MHTTB has a friend who's a vet and as we had arranged to take some street cats to be neutered, we hatched a plan to snatch the dog, so this morning she came for a walk with me to the communal bin and we waited for MHTTB to come along in his van. She just hopped in and was really happy to just sit in the van. My friend Ann had begged me to let her have her and as I am not really a dog person, I was quite happy for her to go to Ann. Below are some before and after photo's, I had to do a double take when I picked her up from the vet
before
after





Ann has named her Melek, which means Angel. She is a really clever little thing and Ann has called to say she has been for walk and has settled down very nicely. The cats are being picked up from the vet tomorrow.

This week I also had my 1st Turkish haircut, that's the thing when you move to a new area, where to get your hair cut and beauty treatments done. I actually saw a lady with hair very much like mine when we were out New years day and asked her where she got hers done and made an appointment there. It's shorter than I usually like, but the cut it brilliant, I paid 80tl including tip, which is about £14 for a wash cut and blow dry. I got my eyebrows and upper lip done too for the equivalent of £2!

Today, while we killed some time to pick up Melek, we went to Olu Deniz. It was quiet, and very much like the time I first saw it in 1993. We went down to the beach then and there was only 1 other couple using it. I was talking to a lady called Ruth while waiting at the GOC office and she swore her Mum guided her to Olu Deniz to help her heal. I can go with that, it is the place I fell in love with Turkey, and it does, it soothes your soul just sitting there. Yes it's changed, but looking out to sea, the view never will. It was looking very blue today, as you can see.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

Customer service and other stuff

making a house a home