Chocolate, Vacuums and waxes

I went off to the PTT on Thursday to collect my parcel. I wasn't confident, I have heard horror stories about how chaotic the sorting office is, but when I got there, there was a nice man calling people with calling cards into a back room where he found my parcel. It came from my oldest friend and I was delighted, when I got outside and opened it to discover these!! Thank you Sue, you know just how to make a girl happy

Also this week, I found a really nice garden centre. A few months ago, I bought some pots but as it was winter there wasn't much to plant, then a week ago we happened upon a big garden centre that had a selection of spring plants which is where I went back to this week. I got a nice selection of Pansies and Primulas, I need to go back as I noticed she had a good selection of Tulip and Hyacinth  bulbs. I love Hyacinths, the pungent fragrance they give off will be nice on the  balcony. MHTTB's friend is coming today to extend the balcony out by a foot or so. The balconies are quite small when you consider they apartments upstairs sleep 6 and some of the other owners have extended theirs which they tell me makes a difference when you want to sit 6 people out there to eat. 
MHTTB's brother also gave me some wild Thyme he had picked from the mountain, this is what you can see hanging from the railings to dry in the sun. 

This week, the tape holding my vacuum cleaner together finally gave up the ghost. It was left by the previous owners, and was a cylinder vacuum.  I wanted a cordless upright and finally settled on a Bosch. OMG it's made life so much easier, I don't have to get the broom out anymore, nor put the carpets over the railings to beat them with a stiff brush and then sweep them by hand. It came with a standard 2 year warranty and the lady in the Bosch shop told me, all their big appliances like ovens, fridge freezers, washing machine and dishwashers all come with a standard 3 year warranty. It wasn't cheap, but then again it wasn't as expensive as a Dyson. MHTTB wanted to send a picture of it to his sister, but I hate that. It is probably out of the price range of the average Turkish family and I would hate her to think I was showing off. Electrical goods here are about the same price as the UK, but the extra warranties they give you are a great bonus.


Finally I have found a lady to do all my waxing and other stuff. I had my first appointment with her yesterday and I explained I was a bit embarrassed. She was so lovely and put me at my ease and the cost for all the waxing was less than the cost of a Brazillian in the UK. My advise to anyone coming over for a holiday is wait until your first day and get it all done here. There are lots of places doing it, even laser treatment is a lot cheaper. 


Comments

  1. What a lovely friend! Parma violets are amazing, my local shop sells biggers ones (the size of love hearts), heaven :)

    Loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison, I'm glad you are enjoying the blog. Another favorite of mine are violet creams!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

Customer service and other stuff

making a house a home