Trials and tribulations

I am worried about one of the street cats we feed. He is the smallest of the litter and has always been a bit fearful. When we captured them to get them neutered, he was the one who needed the most coaxing and it took him a good week to trust us again. Last week, he disappeared for 2 days. This was unusual as he seemed to need his big brothers to sooth his nerves. He's always rubbing against them for reassurance and wouldn't come too close until they did. The other 2 venture into the apartment, but he took his time and would only come in if they were with him. Anyway last Saturday, he showed up, he was terrified and wouldn't come near us, he attempted to eat and it was then that I noticed that he was dribbling from one side of his mouth. He has been every day but he wasn't eating and starting to look thin, then Wednesday he walked into the apartment and was mewing around me. I offered him food and as he attempted to eat it he let out a very loud yowl. Thursday MHTTB managed to catch him and get him to the vet, he told us to leave him there as he had a bad tooth and needed antibotics. We went to collect him today, but Berhan told us he has still not eaten and he has a very bad gum infection. He doesn't appear to have been bitten and to be honest I am wondering if he has Feline Immunodeficiency virus. My sister has a maine coon who has this and he had to have all his teeth removed as they get gum disease, and he is too young to have bad teeth (all 3 are about 9 months old). Today he was zonked out in the litter tray at the vets, he tried to get up but he is very weak and couldn't manage it, plus he doesn't trust us again. We have had to leave him there, Berhan said the smell from his mouth was terrible. MHTTB has put it to me that he doesn't think he is going to get better, I have told him that if Berhan has to put him to sleep then I want to be with him as I don't want him to feel unloved. I've named them all, Mac, Ash and Cocoa. Mac is the one who is ill and he is seen below laying down playing with his brother.
 
I need to swap my UK driving license for a Turkish one, I took my exams in 1976 so before I left for Turkey I contacted the exam board and they sent me this, as I have to produce a qualification.
Yes, yes it's grade E, a just made it pass, but in my defence, I did ask to do CSE as the grade was based on course work, which I found more interesting but the teacher insisted I could get an O level. I can only drive on my UK licence for 6 months in Turkey as I have a residents permit, but the guy who looked at my letter told me it would not be acceptable because it doesn't state the school I attended but it does!! Anyway I am trying someone else now who deals with it. It's a mission getting the license, I have to get copies of my UK license get them translated and notorised (made legal) then I have to get a blood test and an eye test then pay tax for this that and the other. BUT if they won't accept my certified letter then it means I have to leave the country every 6 months to get a new entry stamp. I think the thing that pisses me off most is that the standard of driving in Turkey is horrendous. The UK driving test is far more stringent than the test here but because I do not have a letter saying I attended this school on these dates they may not give me one!!
 
Work is progressing on the complex now. I have had to pay my maintenance 8 months early but what can I do? The pool is being cleaned but it has rained and rained today so it has come to a stop. On a brighter note, the gardens are looking greener and a lot tidier, the pool room is nice and clean and summer is on it's way. I still have to pinch myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Customer service and other stuff

Hospitality

making a house a home