2 year anniversary

A reminder memory popped up on my Facebook page the day before yesterday, it was a reminder that 2 years ago I purchased the property I am now living in. That in turn, and I don’t know why, reminded me that I had not blogged in a very long time. So much has passed that I actually can’t remember it all, but the biggest thing has been buying a boat.

MHTTB has been working for other people for a long time and at times it has been hit and miss, at the end of last season he didn’t get his salary. That seems to be par for the course a lot of the time here. He owned a boat years ago so we talked about it and decided to buy a boat so he could offer private boat trips from Fethiye. As I was putting up the collateral, I insisted on a legal agreement and repayment plan, which we went and got from a solicitor of my choice. So if we don’t make it or either one of us die, I have recourse to get my money back. Since he last had a boat the regulation has changed a lot, but with those changes come costs. Firstly, he had to registered the boat for commercial use. The family that we bought it from had used it as their family boat but the father had died so it was just left at the marina in Bodrum. Luckily for us, they were very honest and we got the boat for a good price, which was just as well because a lot of the wood on the cabin area needed replacing, so far the repairs and painting are running into the 50,000 tl mark. We do realise that this is for this year only as MHTTB will now be able to keep on top of the maintenance. There are a few more costs to pay out for an alcohol license and mooring fees but the main work is almost finished and it is now back in the water


It is called Xanthos, and dangling from the back is Junior Xanthos. We are moored in Fethiye marina so if you see us, give us a try 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hospitality

Customer service and other stuff

making a house a home